Focussing on the client site administrator aspect, things that
used to annoy me were

- Licence expiration warnings that modified return codes in
production batch jobs
- Licence expiration warnings that went unnoticed
- The variety of expiration warning messages being issued
- The variety of places where theses messages were being sent to
- The variety of methods required to update licence expiration
keys [*1]

[*1 While I didn't have any objections against licence keys at
all]

What I'd like to see (or would have liked to see since I'm no
longer in a position where I do installs):

- unified (i.e. vendor-independent) message ids for licence
related things
  (so as to easily automate them)
- site customisable "per-product" thresholds for licence
expiration warnings
  (in addition to those being used/issued by product internal
mechanisms)
- the capability to "ask" each product when it will expire
- a tiny little licence management ISPF application
  (focussing on the 'information/warning' aspect)

Just a few of those cents that came to my mind immediately. All of
them from the "small system environment" point of view.

Robert Bardos
Ansys AG, Zurich, Switzerland