For what it's worth,  it is my belief that the statement quoted

"The strategic direction is to remove the data area books (JES2 and JES3
data areas have already been deleted), and the data areas will be
generated automatically from the code."

is somewhat misleading.

It is true that the JES data areas books were gotten rid of. Something is
going to be done about that (I don't know whether that is a resurrection in
the same form, or something else),  So conceivably the "books" will be
gone, but something will be available in their place.

The data areas books have "forever" been generated automatically from
macros; at least in the past 20 years there has been no technical writing
involved. Any lack of information is purely "our" (developers) fault. In
whatever form the data is made available to customers (and I am quite
confident that it will be made available), it will have the same contents
it already does, as perhaps improved by specific suggestions that we
receive from you..

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design