In a message dated 5/17/2007 3:30:41 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>>On Thu, 17 May 2007 15:01:48 -0400, William Donzelli  wrote:
>>I have a lead on a few 3350s - obsolete, but that is the point  ....

>What point its that?  By today's standards they are very  slow.  And at 635
MB
per unit, you can get the capacity of several  strings for a couple of
hundred
dollars and carry it in your  pocket.

> Does anyone still service 3350s?

Yes, they were kludgy way back then and absurd now, but it seems he wants  to
get one or more working and attached to a mainframe for reason(s) he has  not
divulged.  Even though their 635MB can be replaced by a more modern  device
that fits in your pocket, I don't think the pocket devices attach very  well to
a mainframe.  Maybe his mainframe is just as obsolete as his  3350s.  And he
will also need a control unit (also obsolete?) to drive  them.  Good luck.

Bill  Fairchild
Plainfield,  IL