In a message dated 5/21/2007 12:20:03 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

be a  priority.  And, since posting my original question, I have noticed  that
the behavior is not consistent -- which leads me to believe that it  is,
indeed, related to changing screen sizes.

If you want to play around with the LOGMODES can do LOGON APPLID(majnode)
LOGMOD(D4C32XXC) or one that hasn't been modified.