In a message dated 5/21/2007 3:18:12 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>How might we delete this little bugger?
SYS1.DFDSS.DEFRAG..........PRD9LF.DUMMY

An untested suggestion:
Try IMASPZAP with //SYSLIB DD  DSN=FORMAT4.DSCB,DCB=KEYLEN=44,vol=ser=whatever
CCHHR statement points to the Format 1 DSCB of the little  bugger.
Then VER and REP the data set name, whose offset in the VER/REP will be  from
00 to 2B.
In the REP statement, change all the "........" bytes to something
printable, then use normal delete techniques.

I trust the little bugger is not cataloged.

Bill  Fairchild
Plainfield, IL