Tom replied with the only correct answer and it has been that way for at
least 15 yrs.

Bob Richards

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 6:25 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Delete invalid dataset name

On Mon, 21 May 2007 17:08:05 -0400, Arthur T. wrote:

>>   How might we delete this little bugger?
>>
>>SYS1.DFDSS.DEFRAG..........PRD9LF.DUMMY
>
>1.  DD statement DISP=(OLD,DELETE) with the DSN within
>quotes.  Remember to code UNIT & VOL.  If there are lower
>case letters, you have to be careful how it's submitted
>because some techniques will upper-case it "for" you. (Of
>course, stick it in a jobstep, probably IEFBR14.)

Ouch!  Only Shane would approve of such a product.  The
present requirement is an example of why it's undesirable.

>2.  "D" command from ISPF dataset list of a volume.

I've found that not to work in cases.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please

SunTrust and Seeing beyond money are federally registered service marks of
SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]