On Mon, 21 May 2007 15:59:21 -0500, Mark Zelden wrote:

>My IPLINFO exec is only a rough guestimate based on the SU value in the
>RMCT which it converts to SUs per second:
>
>  "The approximate total MIPS (SUs/SEC / 48.5 * # general CPUs)"
>
>This is the best I was able to do with (unauthorized) rexx code at the
>time I added that code.  It also assumes a non-capped CPU.
>
>The way to do this since z/OS R1 (+ a 64-bit machine) is to use
>SYSEVENT QVS.   ShowMVS does that.  So you should be able
>to use ShowMVS to get what you want.  See file 492 of the
>CBT tape - http://www.cbttape.org

This is not a complaint. A rough guesstimate is all I'm looking for. I hadn't
really cared what my image was getting previous to this test. Now our
management wants to operate under the constraints of our contract and I
thought I'd take a look and see what we were getting.

So, if VM defines 4 virtual CPUs to our image, that's what the image sees so
that skews the approximation. So I could just undo the virtual CPU over
allocation by dividing by 4 ??? I'm pretty good with this new math.