A war story.

For a consulting assignment I was once given an employee assistant---The notion was that, knowing the organization, he would be a useful gopher---for a TCAM performance-improvement project. He was a Polish American; and he had not been a college graduate when he was hired, although he had later become one. He was, however, very able; and he learned quickly. In my progress reports to management I noted his usefulness, what he had learned, and made it clear that he would be retainable only if his salary were adjusted radically.

The personnel function---it was not yet called human resources---was unwilling to adjust his salary adequately, and a body snatcher found him within less than a year.

Since peonage is now illegal in most of the world, new skills, however acquired, must be paid for.

John Gilmore
Ashland, MA 01721-1817
USA

Now you can see troubleĀ…before he arrives http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_protection_0507