On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:19:55 -0400, Larry Wright wrote:

>Why not send a URL which points to the dataset or file instead of using an
attachment?

>If are running IBM HTTP Server even without W.A.S., you can browse MVS
datasets from your browser using a URL
like "http://yourhostname/MVSDS/'DATASET.NAME'

>I have used a variation of this technique to send an email to Lotus Notes
with a URL that points to servlets instead of the MVSDS GWAPI.

>This allows us to keep archived versions of datasets on the mainframe
instead of in someones email inbox.  Also have servlets which list the arhived
datasets owned by a given person.

What do you then do for dataset security?  Does the browser prompt for RACF
Userid and Password?  (Is that information then sent by the browser in an
unencrypted format to the HTTP Server for authentication?)

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI