John, I agree. When I was with HDS a few of us went to school on it because we
had several installations like the Fed that demanded encryption support and
that was many years ago. Raymond Noal was the main encryption guy for us, and
he responds to this list so perhaps Ray can also shed some light on this when
these questions come up.

Bill> Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 13:09:35 -0500> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject:
Re: Crypto Related Posts> To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> > <snip>> > What's up with
all these crypto related posts? :-) Seriously... any > reason> >why suddenly so
many IBM-MAINers are working on it at the same > time?> <unsnip>> > I would
assume that a lot of us are in the same boat, ie like Unix was, > crypto is
something that has slowly crept into our lives and is not going > to get any
better. > It is a complex issue and the embryonic stages are confusing and
error > prone. Hopefully IBM has taken notice and has some of their crypto
people > viewing these threads and respond - hopefully as well as DFSORT
personnel!> > Jack Kelly> 202-502-2390 (Office)> >
IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,> send email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO> Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html