On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:18:41 -0600, tony babonas wrote:
>Why don't we take up a collection to buy an old CPU, zOS and all else
>needed, then host IBM-MAIN, RACF-L, CICS-L, VM-L, DB2-L etc etc.
>Manpower to support it shouldn't be an issue.
>
>Possible?  Would be a great proof of concept.  How much would each of us
>have to pony up?
>
>Imagine the possibilities.  Maybe IBM, CA, BMC, FDR et all  would be willing
>to help out.....

You have completely missed the point:  the list owner (Darren, in our case) is
the true fundamental value to this list.  The hardware & operating system are
meaningless in our context.  The site hosting that hardware/OS is providing us
with funding (mostly, lately, to enable pointless off-topic meanderings... but
digress) but it is their funding of the list owner's salary that is the real
deal.

Moving (or even _thinking_ about moving) somewhere else - without Darren -
is borderline blasphemy!

--
Tom Schmidt