From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Sascha Weng
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 5:36 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: CPU-Time in z/Os-System. Is The Cpu Time In z/Os-systems A
Meaningful Indication?

It is the first time, that I write to this list and I am not quiet sure, if
I am on
the right place for asking my question. I hope not being off-topic. If so,
please
accept my apology for my ignorance in advance.

I have a programm written in Cobol which runs monthly on a z/Os-System. The
programm reads inputrecords and writes them in a database (DB2) and in
different outputfiles. It consumes nearly the same numbers of input records
every month. I wonder now, why there are so great differences in the
consumed cpu-time. For example: Last month the programm consumed due to
the job protocol 11.25 (what ever that means) and this month it consumed
16.33. Actually I expected the cpu time would be nearly the same. But there
is
this difference I can not explain. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.