This thread comes at a pivotal point for us because we're looking at the
same sort of CEC swap-out in the near future. When we conducted our first
DR test 10 years ago, we experienced very much the same problem: fully
mirrored couple data sets were convinced that we had somehow left the old
CFs offline despite having new CFs connected, fully functional, and happily
populated with all requisite structures. While it's true that we muddled
through the test with chronic XCF complaints that did not seem to affect
system operation, it looked ugly and would be hard to explain in a *real*
DR having to live forever with all that whining and moaning, however
non-life-threatening.

Our solution for DR was this set of Draconian measures:

1. Don't bother retaining the production CFRM couple data set at all. We
don't even mirror it now.
2. In preparing the DR environment from the 'driving' system, create a
fresh CFRM couple data set and prime with it a 'default' policy named in
COUPLExx.
3. IPL the first sysplex member pointing to the new CFRM couple data set
while using mirrored copies of the others.
4. Reply 'yeah, OK' to several (but not a lot of) WTORs demanding to know
if we have any idea what we're doing.
5. IPL the other sysplex members normally. No complaints or rude questions
from them.

I had thought that shutting systems down normally and cleanly would
circumvent this rocky road when we come back up with everything else intact
but for the CFs. OP's experience suggests otherwise. I now have to rethink
the whole process.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
Electric Dragon Team Paddler
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
626-302-7535 Office
323-715-0595 Mobile
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

             Cwi Jeret
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by: IBM              IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
             Mainframe                                                  cc
             Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: Cleanup a unconnected Coupling
                                       Facility

             05/11/2008 09:34
             PM

             Please respond to
               IBM Mainframe
              Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   .EDU>

In our case, of course the CF phisically does NOT exist because the Machine

Type has changed.

On the other hand I don't want to SETXCF FORCE,STR,STRNAME=xxx
because the Structures are active in production and are located on the
alternative CF's ...

Cwi Jeret .

-