On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 03:28:19 -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>I already tried that and it doesn't work: A jcl set variable orks only on real
>JCL not on instream SYSIN (DD *). Any workaround? Any alternative to modify
>JCL and SYSIN (for example, deleting/definning datasets with IDCAMS) at one
>parameter without having to use ISPF CHANGE ALL?

Nope.

Thanks for your ideas

I keep some of my JCL members, including one which renames data sets
and defines aliases with IDCAMS, as UNIX shell scripts in which the
actual JCL appears as a here-document.  The shell scripts filter
and submit the JCL using parameter substitution in the simpler cases
and sed or awk in the more complicated.  One substitution I regularly
do is to create data set names incorporating the current date, not
possible with pure batch JCL.

-- gil