<snip>
I managed to show now that the code in the svc is correct, it indicated that
the caller was in key 9.
</snip>
Perhaps share, to help others not make the system mistake, what had led you to
believe that the code was not doing what you wanted.

<snip>
I've solved the testdriver issue now by marking that routine as REFReshable and
put it in SYS1.LINKLIB.
</snip>
This behavior, when marking the module as refreshable, applies only when the
REFRPROT option of PROGxx is active.
That applies system-wide. As long as that is OK, and you have control of
setting REFRPROT, have at it.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design