I loaded some registers with values and then used a DC H'0' instruction to
force a 0C1 abend and when I looked at the contents of the registers I assumed
it abended inside the SVC, while actually it abended with the 0C4 in the
calling routine.
One of the registers had a value of 0x00000080 which led me to believe that
this was the key I found in the request block, while it was actually the result
from a IPK instruction I had inserted into my calling program before doing the
SPKA x'90'(0) instruction.

Sometimes walking the dog for a moment gives me the clarity to understand what
has happend :-)

Kind regards,

Erik.