Right.     Not a problem using DEDICATE nn VOLID VOLSER.

We also have hipersockets and OSA devices defined with DEDICATE
statements.....

That's where the big question comes into play.   How do we handle these.

Marcy Cortes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
03/10/2008 01:50 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Disaster Recovery question

Ooo, wait.
You said Linux devices are DEDICATE.  Does that mean DASD too?  Do you
have duplicate VOLSERS on your system?
If not, you can probably change the DEDICATEs to MDISK 000 END and be
OK, or if you'd like DEDICATE nnn VOLID VOLXXX ...  That'll get you
around that use of real addresses.

Marcy Cortes

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein. If you have received this