Hi Juan,

I can open your file. It displays without issue.
My system is amd64 with ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
The version of Demeter I cloned from git is 0.9.26 (using the git clone
instruction), mostly following the 'David Hughes' guide" from here
https://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/documents/SinglePage/demeter_nonroot.html
which seems to be what you found elsewhere.
There were a couple of differences I had to work around:
libpng3-dev had libpng12-dev substituted for it by apt
libgif4 and libwxgtk2.8-dev were not found. I manually installed giflib-5.1.4 and apt installed gtk2.0

I had to ctrl-c out of a loop regarding "can't find apache" when doing ./Build installdeps (Googling suggests this might be due to perl/build/cpan trying to use mod_perl-1.31 instead of -2.0.4
since 1.31 is slightly newer).

I am still tweaking my system, so this is a fresh install of demeter this morning - no larch yet,
so I get a 'no larch_server' message, but your file displays without issue.

You indicated you have version 0.9.24. What other differences did you encounter?

-R.