Dear IFEFFIT members,

I'm a fresh graduate student majoring in chemical engineering. I began to learn
XAFS by myself one month ago. I bought and read the book XAFS for Everyone
written by Dr. Calvin. I think I have got a clear image of how EXAFS works.
Recently, I am attracted by the technique called Wavelet Analysis from
literatures. It seems pretty powerful to correlate both temporal and frequency
information, but something just went probably beyond my current knowledge base.
I understand that a changeable window should be adapted to a make a trade-off
between time and frequency, but I don't understand the logic that good
time-resolution in high frequency is preferred while in low frequency a good
frequency-resolution is better. I would appreciate it very much if you could
answer my half-baked question and offer me with some learning material.

Best regards

Xinyu