-------- Original message --------From: "Kelly, Shelly Diane" <ske...@anl.gov>
Date: 8/23/23  16:11  (GMT+01:00) To: XAFS Analysis using Ifeffit
<ifeffit@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov> Subject: Re: [Ifeffit] Shift in Eo when
fitting PtO2 and similar samples

Hello Yanny:

I’ve modeled a few Pt EXAFS spectra and have found that using an E0 at the top
of the white line usually does a better job of getting the data close to the
theory. This seems to be often the case with the L3-edges as they are rather
broad
 compared to the K-edges of transition metals.  If you would like to share your
project files with me. I can take a look.  14 eV seems to be too much and maybe
an indication that there is a different type of atom in the first shell.

B.T.W. Using the first derivative is great for XANES analysis, but often not
the best choice for EXAFS.

Kind regards,
Shelly Kelly (ske...@anl.gov)