Dear XAFS community,
We've been developing air-sensitive sample cells for several of our XAFS
experiments, but we don't have a good way of characterizing how well they
actually reject air and water.  Does anyone have recommendations for easily
available 3d transition metal compounds that have a 'reasonable' amount of
air sensitivity for purposes of sample call validation?  Any suggestions
for other methods to validate performance? We would grind the sample and
form a pellet with a degassed binder, in a glovebox or glovebag.
With thanks,
Jerry

--
*Gerald Seidler*