Date: 2/27/24  09:30  (GMT+01:00) To: ifeffit@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov
Subject: [Ifeffit] Meaning of ldosNN

  #pfptBannerd4mrdqr { all: revert !important; display: block !important;
    visibility: visible !important; opacity: 1 !important;
    background-color: #D0D8DC !important;
    max-width: none !important; max-height: none !important }
  .pfptPrimaryButtond4mrdqr:hover, .pfptPrimaryButtond4mrdqr:focus {
    background-color: #b4c1c7 !important; }
  .pfptPrimaryButtond4mrdqr:active {
    background-color: #90a4ae !important; }

 Dear list I have a question regarding DOS calculations using feff. (I am using
feff8. 2) I have calculated the DOS of V-doped Ni, with Ni as the central atom
and Ni and V as neighboring atoms. The potential indexes are 0 - Ni 1 - Ni 2 -
VI have

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

        This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

Dear listI have a question regarding DOS calculations using feff. (I am using
feff8.2)I have calculated the DOS of V-doped Ni, with Ni as the central atom
and Ni and V as neighboring atoms. The potential indexes are0 - Ni1 - Ni2 - VI
have obtained ldos00.dat, ldos01.dat, and ldos02.dat files corresponding to the
l-projected DOS for the NNth potential index. I am not clear about the meaning
of ldosNN.Does it correspond to the DOS of the central atom modified by the
presence of the potential index NN? If yes, does ldos02 contain the effect of
both potentials 01 and 02 or that of just 02?If this is not the case, what does
ldosNN mean?Kindly provide your comments to clarify this.Thanks in
advance.Jaskirat BrarFMP Lab, South CampusIIT Mandi, H.P., India