Hi Dominik,

We have uploaded current release beta 4 Windows(32/64 bit) and MAC clients to
the following location.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ifolder3/files/

Since last upload, iFolder clients have gone through tremendous amount of
changes(which you might have already observed
with Linux clients).  Hope all of you will find the changes,  bug fixes and new
features and interesting and we get a quick feedback.

Thanks
Mahabalesh

>>> "Mahabaleshwar Asundi" <amahabalesh...@novell.com> 10/30/2009 8:17 AM >>>
Hi Dominik,

Answers are inline..

Thanks
Mahabalesh

>>> "Dominik L. Borkowski" <d...@vbi.vt.edu> 10/29/2009 7:42 PM >>>

Hello,
First of all, big thank you to everybody involved with iFolder: great work.
We've been impressed with the maturity of this product and its core
functionality.

Having said that, I'd like to bring a few issues that I think are important,
especially in light of the new release right around the corner. I'll try to
split off those concerns into different e-mails, rather than overcrowding a
single thread.

In this particular e-mail I'd like to concentrate on the subject of testing
releases for iFolder client and server. It seems that unless one is a
developer, being able to test what's in the works is a bit hindered.

Until recently, the only place one could find testing opensuse packages was
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Mono:/UIA:/iFolder/MonoOpenSUSE_11.1

Seems that now we have a new repo in build services:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/ifolder:/

Yes above is correct, this is setup recently and going forward you will find
all latest updates here.

What about macosx and windows clients? There haven't been any more beta
clients since 3.7.3 beta2, which was out in June.

Even though we are almost at the stages of next release, let me check if we can
make
RC builds for MAC and windows clients available today.

We'd love to help by testing newer releases, unfortunately lack of packages is
making it harder. What are the chances of making those available before final
release?

Thanks!
--
Dominik L. Borkowski - Senior Systems Administrator
Virginia Bioinformatics Institute - www.vbi.vt.edu