On Saturday, 3 Sep 2005 1:07 am, Linux Lingam wrote:
> [snip]
>
> i am using gmail, via firefox, on gnulinux. i see ?????? characters in your
> sig. could you please share with me how to enable indic-support here?

While your viewing the indic enabled mails require an indic enabled distro,
you can send indic mails using gmail, even though you cannot make out what
you are writing. ;)

Just enable UTF-8 as the charset for outgoing mails, in gmail settings, and
copy-paste/write indic text in the signature.

If any of your recipients have indic enabled mail clients(like my kmail on
Debian testing), they would see the text correctly.

- Sandip "সন্দিপ" ;)

--
Sandip Bhattacharya  *    Puroga Technologies   *     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Work: http://www.puroga.com  *   Home/Blog: http://www.sandipb.net/blog

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3