On Thu, September 4, 2008 3:09 pm, Mehul Ved said:
> On 9/4/08, Chirag Anand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hey guys
> Hi,
>
>>  I am having problem with hibernating my system (suspend to disk). I
>>  installed suse 11 a few days back only...
>>
>>  It was working exactly fine earlier but now in it's log file, its
>>  stating:*resume partition
>>  * *'/dev/sda6' not active. cannot suspend'.*
>>
>>  sda6 was my old swap partition for suse 10.3 which i delelted just
>> yesterday
>>  (on 2nd hard disk). After that only its giving problems. My new swap
>>  partition exists on the 1st hard disk as well as the root.
>
> Check your /etc/fstab file if the swap partition is listed properly.
> There must be someway to check this in Yast too, but some suse user
> can help better there.

Yup, seems like your system is still using the older swap. You have to
edit /etc/fstab and replace the entry for the older swap with the new swap
there. That should fix it.

To do this from yast: Launch it, then go to System --> Partitioner. Once
you have the new Partitioner window up, see if your newer swap is listed
there. If yes, select that and click the Edit button. In the edit window,
define the mount point as swap. Make sure you don't edit any other
partition.

Best,
Atanu