On Saturday 15 Jan 2011, Mahesh T. Pai wrote:
> IMO, you should contact them before you run a fundraiser on their
> behalf. Else, you are setting a bad precedent.

Why?

> Any random guy can come around, make a few posts on some random
> mailing list claiming to support FLOSS, and then start fund raising
> drives; and then vanish with the funds.
>
> Please get in touch with FSF-B before you use their name to raise
> funds. Or for that matter, any other project.

I think you missed the original post where he said something along the
lines of, "Give cash to me and I will make the equivalent donation to
FSF ONLINE AND RIGHT THERE AND THEN IN FRONT OF YOU."  If I were
donating Rs 50 and NS only transferred Rs 25, wouldn't you see me
screaming?

Regards,

-- Raj
--