Gaurav Paliwal said on Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 01:01:16PM +0530,:
 > Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 13:01:16 +0530
 > From: Gaurav Paliwal <gaurav.paliwal1...@gmail.com>
 > Subject: Re: [ilugd] FSF donation drive at GeekMeetup at Delhi/NCR #FSF
 >  #FreeSoftware
 > To: ilugd@lists.linux-delhi.org
 >

 > > What is the assurance that the funds I pay you reaches the FSF?
 > >

 > What narendra is trying to say is that on 16th Jan 2010 , he will donate the
 > money to fsf "on the spot" on others behalf if others don't have online
 > banking facility.He is not collecting money , he is just providing his
 > credit/debit card on 16th Jan 2010 if other don't have that facility but
 > still are willing to pay.

Ah. Now that clears up quite a lot. Thanks.

This is what Narendra wrote in his first post.

 > We are starting a donation drive for FSF on 16 Jan 2011 at Geek Meetup -
 > Cash collected during meetup will be transferred of the Credit Card
 > Holder the he will transfer money to FSF account during meetup itself

"... will be transferred of the Credit Card Holder ..."

Would have  been better phrased as:-

"... will be transferred to one Credit Card Holder... "

Sigh.

Narendra, please go ahead. Too bad I would be coming there in person,
else mine would have been one of the largest donations.

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||
TRUTH,  n.   An   ingenious  compound  of  desirability  and