On 04/26/2013 09:56 PM, Rohan Garg wrote:
> Possibly make it a Debian + Ubuntu release party? Since Ubuntu and all
> it's flavors had a release yesterday?

Sorry Rohan but these days Ubuntu is a different story, especially for
the past few years, the project is going a different way.

IMHO, in a quest to replace Windows it has gone the Windows way by
introducing malicious features like Spyware[1] in it.

So personally I don't use it or recommend it to anyone, moreover for me
Debian Release party was more of community event, to celebrate the
release of a universal GNU/Linux OS which has been there for a long
time, almost 20 years, with most of things taken care by volunteers
while Ubuntu is more of the Canonical thing now. So IMHO I don't think
we can have a release party together, for them.

Don't want to start a Debian v/s Ubuntu debate, here because IMHO they
are incomparable, with the kind of purposes for which they are developed.

[1]http://www.fsf.org/blogs/rms/ubuntu-spyware-what-to-do

--
Parin
https://identi.ca/FRDManiac