On 2012-10-09 20:26:37 +0000, Brian Crowell said:

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Mark Sienkiewicz <sienk...@stsci.edu> wrote:
From what I read of Pillow, they aren't really interested in maintaining a
copy of PIL.  Do you mean to fork Pillow, or try to persuade them to let you
help maintain it?

I want to contribute code that would make Pillow Python 3-capable so
that Debian/Ubuntu might pick it up, and Python 3 developers would
finally have their PIL back. I gathered from the notes that Pillow was
a continuation of PIL as a fork, and since it's active, I expect it
will be more attractive to the distros than a straight port of PIL
1.1.7.

I hoped to hear from Alex Clark. He looks like the main contributor.

Test. Just wrote a long message and it hasn't made it through yet. Grrr…

--Brian

Alex Clark · https://www.gittip.com/aclark4life/