On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 8:07 PM, Alex Clark <acl...@aclark.net> wrote:
> No. But maybe a single "Python 3 support" ticket in the relevant branch
> (https://bitbucket.org/effbot/pil-2009-raclette). IIUC, PIL has some Python
> support added. One possible scenario is that we take that code and release
> it.

Do you consider Raclette your upstream? Also, I'm reading through the
Python 3 patches on there. Lundh seemed to expect to be able to
support much older versions of Python, which really wouldn't have
worked when he hit the Python source. I'm going to go with a cleaner
approach.

Essentially all I'm going to do is update the Python source to where
it meets Py3 syntax and library requirements, get the extension
modules to build under both Py2 and Py3, then futz with the bytes/str
division using the three existing ports as a guide. After that, all we
should need is solid testing.

--Brian