On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, David Woodhouse wrote:
> I've already switched from wu-imapd to Courier, because I objected to
> wu-imapd trawling through megabytes of each of my project archive
> folders, checking the status of each message to see if it's unseen, when
> it had done precisely the same thing one minute ago and the ctime of the
> mbox file blatantly hadn't changed :)

So why did you do a STATUS of the mailbox if the ctime hadn't changed?
It isn't as if IMAP doesn't provide mailbox status flags to tell you that.
Perhaps you use a client which doesn't know how to check those flags.

I also don't think that running a server which is known to be
non-compliant in many ways (Courier) is an improvement.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc