[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> From: "Tarjei Huse" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >Hi,
> >I have no problem with this, other than: How do you move existing users over
> >to this new system?
> >Tarjei

A couple of comments:

> In my limited case, the process was:
>   1. compile Ken's branch
>   2. (ask Ken some questions, but please skip this since you are
>   reading this)

I would kill master before doing the make install.  If any processes are
running, the make install might not be able to copy over all of the new
binaries ("text file busy" errors).

>   3. make install
>   4. edit imapd.conf to have
>      "altnamespace: yes"
>      "userprefix: user"

"userprefix" is optional.  By default, the prefix for the other users'
namespace will be "Other Users".  In this case, Chris set it to "user"
so it looks the same as the standard namespace (not a bad idea since its
less typing when manipulating accounts with cyradm).

Likewise, the default prefix for the shared namespace is "Shared
Folders".  Yes, these are ugly, but I took them straight from RFC2342
for lack of something better.

In my case, I've been using #user and #shared.  Note that using the #
character is not recommended by the RFC because it is not IMAP URL
friendly.

>   5. request users to all exit their mail clients (NS and MS in
>   our case)

Obviously should do this before killing master above.

>   6. kill and then restart "master"

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127