On Wed, 15 May 2002, Lawrence Greenfield wrote:
>    Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 08:34:29 -0400
>    From: Scott Adkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> [...]
>    I am still waiting to hear from Ken and Lawrence on what they think about
>    these patches?  Will any or all of them be implented in the next release?
>
> I'm still wondering what causes these problems.  Some reports say that
> service processes aren't crashing; if they're not crashing, how is the
> count getting off?

Good question, isn't it?  I am trying to track a segfault in the auth_unix
callbacks with SASL 2.1.2 [1], but after that I will try to do a once-over
the entire master flow, with and without the child pid tracking patches.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=145766

> We don't have this problem on any of our servers.

Do you have preforking enabled?  If you do (and if I did undertand the issue
correctly), start kill -9'ing service processes, and it should be possible
to duplicate the bug.  I will try that just now, in fact.

  Henrique Holschuh