--On Thursday, January 23, 2003 5:58 PM +0600 Dmitry Novosjolov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi All,

has anybody succeded in using SNMP statistics of cyrus IMAP server ?
If so, can you please point me in right direction of how to monitor the
activity of Cyrus-imapd-2.1.11 server?
I've heard about togowar, but cyrus documents are empty in this chapter

--------------------------------------
Best regards,
Novosjolov Dmitry

I actually wrote a couple scripts that monitor the server.  One script is
just meant to be called from the command line (snmp_query) and displays
the results in a clean easy to understand format.  The sample output is as
follows:

 Cyrus IMAP Server v2.0.16
 Thu Jan 23 09:10:55 EST 2003
 Up 5 days, 0:36:29

 Services     Forks       Running     Maximum
 -----------  ----------  ----------  ----------
 imap         2046        31          48
 pop3         1158        2           11
 imaps        14181       1672        2127
 pop3s        3922        23          72
 imaps_silky  3552        22          62
 lmtp         1350        32          113
 lmtpunix     150         0           1
 ===========  ==========  ==========  ==========
 Total        26359       1782        2434

 NOTES
 Forks   = Total number of forks since server was started.
 Running = Total number of processes currently running.
 Maximum = Maximum number of processes running concurrently.

The other script (check_cyrus) is for logging and I use a cron job that
runs it periodically and appends the output to a log file.  The output
of that script looks like the following (all on one line, though):

 01/23 09:11 5 days, 0:37:08 imap=31/48 pop3=2/11 imaps=1672/2127
     pop3s=23/72 imaps_silky=22/62 lmtp=32/113 lmtpunix=0/1

The above data should be easy enough to parse so that you can push it
through a grapher, such as gnuplot or maybe even excel.

I will attach both scripts.  Maybe if the CMU folks like it, they can
put it in the contrib directory?

Oh, I actually just called the snmpwalk program directly and didn't
use the SNMP perl module.  Maybe somebody else can retrofit the script
to do that.  Anyawys, it should require just minor tweaking to get it
to work on your system.

Scott
     Scott W. Adkins                http://www.cns.ohiou.edu/~sadkins/
  UNIX Systems Engineer                  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
       ICQ 7626282                 Work (740)593-9478 Fax (740)593-1944
    PGP Public Key available at http://www.cns.ohiou.edu/~sadkins/pgp/