Hmmm... Well I ran the snmpconf perl script and allowed public read access in snmpd.conf.. but when I try to walk the enterprises tree I don't see any cyrus stuff there... in fact.. I don't get any results if I use enterprises.anything. Do I need to give the cyrus user permission to write to snmp somehow? Is there a config option in cyrus.conf that is not there by default?

Cyrus is not logging anything about attempting to connect to snmp and snmpd is not logging any errors... I don't know what to look for here... can anyone shed some light? How do the cyrus stats become known to snmpd?

I'm almost snmp clueless...
Jared

Scott Adkins wrote:

Taking a stab in the dark, do you have an SNMP server running on the
machine? If you have the snmp tools installed, then check chkconfig
with the following command to see if you got the service configured
to start at boot time. Before you turn on the snmp service via the
/etc/init.d scripts, make sure that you have it configured properly
(I am thinking in terms of access control). Anyways, that is my
stab in the dark guess ;)

Oh, you will have to restart your cyrus server after you start the
snmp server, that way, cyrus will initialize properly with the snmp
server and start sending it stats.

Scott