Hi Stephan,

> Defensive programming, eh?  Please don't.  (Look up the arguments
> against it in Bertrand Meyer's OO tome, for example.  "Defensive
> programming appears [...] to cover up for the lack of a systematic
> approach by blindly putting in as many checks as possible, furthering
> the problem of reliability rather than addressing it seriously.")

Having seen a lot of nasty bugs and crashes which would have been
prevented by some more defensive programming, I continue to think that
defensiveness has its justification sometimes. (As always, using your
brain is a good idea, admittedly.)

But we both know that we won't reach an agreement on this topic ...

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         frank.schoenh...@sun.com -