Hi!

>>> If this version is approved, will the steward voluntarily deprecate version
>>> 3.0, and if not, and if 3.01 is approved, should 3.0 be involuntarily
>>> deprecated?
>

> The “steward” is the PHP Group. I know that Rasmus, Zeev, and Sascha are
> still active on this list, but I don’t know what the protocol is for making
> this decision. Would this need a simple RFC for the internals community to
> vote on? If that’s the route, I’m happy to put together a draft.

I think it is already effectively "deprecated", as all current PHP
versions use 3.01.  There was no formal announcement about it, I think,
but since this is the license that is used only for PHP engine and not
much else (and HHVM, which also uses 3.01) there wasn't much point about
explicitly stating it, but if it's necessary, I guess it'd make sense to
"deprecate" it, whatever that means.

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com