Den søn. 7. jun. 2020 kl. 05.58 skrev Theodore Brown <theodor...@outlook.com>:
> So while I understand the desire to make upgrades as easy as possible,
> I'm not convinced it's a good idea to delay these deprecations for
> a later release. At the very least if deprecation is likely the PHP
> manual should say something about it.

I agree with this and feel very strongly about it, we should not delay
deprecations since they can be disabled on a configuration level by
removing the E_DEPRECATED bits from error_reporting anyway. Allowing
our users to know at the earliest possible moment when something is
going to be deprecated allows userland to have a larger time for
upgrading as these warnings about certain behavior will change many
years from now, but old behavior is still in effect.

--
regards,

Kalle Sommer Nielsen
ka...@php.net