On 12.08.20 17:25, Sara Golemon wrote:
Changing the syntax isn't a feature. It's a refinement. One of the things
our long release process provides is a chance to be absolutely certain
before we introduce syntax we'll come to regret later.

The current RFC does not discuss the BC breaks of each syntax (which
seems very important to any syntax changes), it has not taken into
account the discussion, and the RFC itself was being discussed for only
6 days (of which two days were on the weekend) before it started its
voting process. The discussion was still very much ongoing when voting
started.

Shoehorning in a syntax at the last minute seems like the opposite of a
controlled and long-term release process, at least if there is an
ongoing discussion. Looking at the RFC votes now, the opinions are
clearly split, which is not a good sign - at least in the previous RFC
@@ was a clear winner. Changing syntax again now for the third time
could just as well be the decision that will be regretted later on,
instead of finding a better concensus in due time.