Hi Rowan and Alexandru,

I'm not totally clear what this sentence is saying:

>  > Reinitialization can only take place /during/ the |__clone()| magic
> method call, no matter if the actual assignment happens in a different
> method or function invoked inside |__clone()|.
>
> Are you saying that invoking a separate method like
> "setSomeProperty($blah)" from __clone() is allowed, or that it isn't?
> Perhaps a couple of extra examples could be added to this section
> demonstrating what would and wouldn't be allowed?

Sorry, I tried hard to articulate the behavior, but then the wording still
needs some clarification.
So this sentence was intended to convey that properties can be
reinitialized during the execution
of the __clone() magic method either if the assignment happens directly in
this method, or in any
method invoked by __clone(). Is it clearer now? Thanks for pointing this
problem out, and any help
with the wording is appreciated!

For proposal 2 part: "Readonly properties can be reinitialized during
> cloning"
> From the details there I understand it would affect properties in a
> readonly class as well as explicit

readonly properties in non-readonly class. Is that the intent? If yes,
> maybe we can share an example

without a readonly class as well.

I didn't bother to add a separate example for explicit readonly properties,
because I mainly regard
readonly classes as a shorthand for adding the readonly modifier for all
properties (even though I know
there are some other differences between readonly and non-readonly
classes). That's why I don't think
it's worth adding two different examples, but I'm ok with having one
example with simply readonly properties,
without the readonly class modifier. I think the example will be clear
enough this way.

Regards:
Máté