Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:

> On 7-May-07, at 4:00 PM, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
>
>> I must have missed something.  Did you change the documented behaviour
>> that $_SERVER['HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA'] is populated when PHP encounters an
>> unknown content type?  If so, that was most definitely not a bug and not
>> something that should have been changed.
>
> If lack of post handler is classified by an unknown content type then
> yes, where is it documented btw?

Right where you would expect:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php

    always_populate_raw_post_data  boolean

    Always populate the $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA containing the raw POST
    data. Otherwise, the variable is populated only with unrecognized
    MIME type of the data. However, the preferred method for accessing
    the raw POST data is php://input. $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA is not
    available with enctype="multipart/form-data".

The language could be clearer I suppose, but I don't think there is any
mistaking what it means there.  And this is also referred to in all
sorts of other places in the documentation, books, articles and code
examples.  I thought this was a very well established behaviour, but I
guess not.  Please revert.

-Rasmus