On 5/10/07, Stanislav Malyshev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That is good point. If PECL extensions could be integrated into php by just
> set --enable-extensionX while compiling the php distribution. That would be a

Maybe in more generic form like --enable-pecl=EXTENSION or
--enable-pecl=/path/to/file.tgz but if autoconf magicians among us could
pull this off it might be nice shortcut. Automatic downloading can be
tricky, but the rest should be relatively easy...

Yeah I was also thinking about something like

--enable-pecl-extensionName
example:

./configure --enable-pecl-phar --enable-pecl-geoip ...

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Zend Products Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.zend.com/

David