Hi Patrick,

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 21:49 +0100, iODBC Maintainer wrote:
> I have attached 3 diffs as txt files. Each of the files start with a
> short explanation of what the patch is supposed to do, so it is easier
> for anyone else to see what i did.

Tanks, I don't see a problem with these patches, while I don't really
know ODBC. But three comments:

- In general we try to avoid adding new ini settings, in general
  they just make life harder, can't these made connection or query
  flags?

- The update for "current versions of iODBC": How new is this new
  version? (Or other way round: how likely will a system break?)
  Can old versions be detected and rejected from config.m4?

- I hope these stuff won't break with other odbc flavors :-)

> All three diffs have been made against the PHP_5_2 branch of your CVS
> tree and should be applied within the ext/odbc directory. Since i cut
> them in pieces for easy reading, you can expect some warnings about
> lines, but i checked and all three patches combine fine.

PHP_5_2 is the stable branch, new features should go to HEAD and
PHP_5_3, while I don't expect big problems with merging these.

> If there is any problem, please let me know as i am keen to get this to
> work properly.
>
> Additionally if there is a list of TODO items for this module, i will be
> happy to see if i or my team can be of assistance.

There's no specific todo (I know off) but you might take a look at the
bug reports, see
http://bugs.php.net/search.php?boolean=1&limit=20&cmd=display&status=Open&bug_type%5B%5D=ODBC+related
 for a start.

johannes