On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 19:27 +0100, Pierre wrote:
> On Jan 11, 2008 7:24 PM, Johannes Schlüter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > But well in my results I have a problem: For Rasmus's vote I've counted
> > a -1 while "as such this syntax is appropriate I think" has to be
> > counted as +1.
>
> There is more than that. It is too early to close the poll. I is not
> correct to kick out phpdoc from the poll. And I have some doubts to
> count as zero the users vote.
>
> If we need a poll/interface, why not use the one from PEAR? It should
> be easy to interface it with the cvs accounts and let vote the right
> groups of persons. I'm however in favour to give a voice to our users.
> They are the ones using our softwares...

True. No one's vote is worth more than anyone else's, everybody should
have equal say. Some people may know more about the PHP core, but we are
all users and developers.

It is better to have input from people with a wide range of experience
levels, it results in a fairer vote that actually represents the
population, rather than putting PHP under the control of a select few.