Hi Derick,

Am Freitag, den 04.07.2008, 10:14 +0200 schrieb Derick Rethans:
> I'd say this is a BIG no-no. PHP owns the top-level namespace. Why
> make things harder? And on top of that, you're suggesting just to
> break code for no good reason in "Backwards compatibility and other
> constraints".

Quoting the proposal: "The current names are available as deprecated
aliases until their removal". This means that until we decide to remove
the old names, the current ones are available. I'm currently
investigating how to implement an ADD_DEPRECATED_CLASS_ALIAS-macro.
Classes/interfaces created with this warning would trigger an
E_DEPRECATED warning.

cu, Lars