On 08.08.2008, at 15:18, Marcus Boerger wrote:

helly           Fri Aug  8 13:18:31 2008 UTC

Modified files:
 /ZendEngine2   zend_execute_API.c
 /php-src/main  php.h
Log:
- PHP 5.3 todo, store error handling mode on stack when executing internal or overloaded functions and methods. The issue is that a function might set and rely on a certain mode and then calls another internal function
 which changes it again, probably changing it back to the normal mode.
With this change we need to drop all calls that change the mode back to
 normal using php_std_error_handling(). However there might be places
where someone wants to restore the last mode. If there is such a case we need to add two functions one to save and one to restore. I briefly on this and not all cases are clear, especially one in sqlite but that seems to be a rather misleading comment. Eitherway I chose to not drop and mark
 as deprecated for now.

Can you give me a list of the places you think need investigation? Or better yet mail it to interals so that all ext authors can pick up on this (and I can add it to the todo) list.

Does this conclude the following two todo items for you, or is additional work necessary beyond handling those "odd" cases?: - exception handling, two new functions and a modified one plus a structure change (Marcus) - change the error mode to prevent wrong error handling mode for inner call in some cases (Marcus)

Also is there any changes that need to be made to the documentation as a result of this change?

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]