Hello,

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 9:01 PM, Lukas Kahwe Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 08.08.2008, at 15:18, Marcus Boerger wrote:
>
>> helly           Fri Aug  8 13:18:31 2008 UTC
>>
>> Modified files:
>>  /ZendEngine2   zend_execute_API.c
>>  /php-src/main  php.h
>> Log:
>> - PHP 5.3 todo, store error handling mode on stack when executing internal
>>  or overloaded functions and methods. The issue is that a function might
>>  set and rely on a certain mode and then calls another internal function
>>  which changes it again, probably changing it back to the normal mode.
>>  With this change we need to drop all calls that change the mode back to
>>  normal using php_std_error_handling(). However there might be places
>>  where someone wants to restore the last mode. If there is such a case we
>>  need to add two functions one to save and one to restore. I briefly on
>>  this and not all cases are clear, especially one in sqlite but that seems
>>  to be a rather misleading comment. Eitherway I chose to not drop and mark
>>  as deprecated for now.
>

> Can you give me a list of the places you think need investigation? Or better
> yet mail it to interals so that all ext authors can pick up on this (and I
> can add it to the todo) list.

I took care of it by patching those ext already. See the other mail about it.

> Does this conclude the following two todo items for you, or is additional
> work necessary beyond handling those "odd" cases?:
> - exception handling, two new functions and a modified one plus a structure
> change (Marcus)
> - change the error mode to prevent wrong error handling mode for inner call
> in some cases (Marcus)
>
> Also is there any changes that need to be made to the documentation as a
> result of this change?

Should have no effect worth documenting, at most it will fix
unexpected behaviors.

Regards.

> regards,
> Lukas Kahwe Smith
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> --

Etienne Kneuss
http://www.colder.ch

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as
when they do it from a religious conviction.
-- Pascal