On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 09:57 +0100, Pierre Joye wrote:
> It is why alpha releases are for. If we don't merge it we should
> simply drop it in HEAD and forget it. This code has been there for
> years now, it is time to bring it to a stable branch. The same applies
> for other code in HEAD not having merged to 5.3.

So, did anybody do a review of the ob code? I know it's in HEAD for
ages, but I consider the ob stuff a critical part of PHP which I don't
want to see broken, I'm fine with some random extension being broken,
but not with a central piece of PHP .. and even having it in HEAD
doesn't mean it's really tested there - I guess just a few people do
more with head than just compiling and running make test.

Back one year ago, it was discussed and I liked it but nobody had the
time&motivation to port it to 5.3, having it early would have been nice.

For now: Who does a review and who is willing to be responsible for
fixing probable bugs?

johannes