On 2010-11-23, Derick Rethans <der...@php.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Nov 2010, Zeev Suraski wrote:
> > Are we effectively going to create the original type checking
> > implementation, but in a separate component people would have to
> > install - thereby creating two very different flavors of PHP?
>
> It's clearly a debugging aid for me. So this should be in a debugging
> extension. I doubt any sort of shared hoster would install it, but it
> *does* give people the power to do this for their own controlled set-up.
> Also, if the extension is suddenly not there, the app will still work so
> I am not buying your "two flavours" argument.

While the code may still work, it won't work *as* *expected*.  If the
PHP interpreter can execute the application, then it should provide the
same output given the same input -- and this would not be the case.
That's the two flavours argument.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
Project Lead            | matt...@zend.com