Hi!

On 7/11/11 1:23 AM, Ferenc Kovacs wrote:
Hi,

if somebody wonders why do we have those french guys registering on the wiki:
http://blog.mageekbox.net/?post/2011/07/10/La-r%C3%A9volution-est-en-marche-%21

the author thought that anybody can vote who has wiki account, but
that is corrected now.
however judging from the responses and the number of registrations I
think we should publish something to the php.net frontpage about the
accepted voting RFC, and maybe rephrase or clean up the who can vote
part.

for example can someone with svn account and 1 commit vote?

I'd say for core features everybody with write access to the core, but then again, not sure about how to formalize that. Note that vote isn't meant to be the decision. At least I think it wasn't and shouldn't mean that. It should be a measure of if there's a consensus about certain thing or not.

As for technical side, I don't know enough about how the auth system works to see if we can enforce it technically. If somebody with this knowledge is willing to help, please ping me and we can discuss how to implement this in docuwiki.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/